After you complete 1500 hours in our state approved beauty school Chicago classes, you will be ready to demonstrate the skills required to pass the final examination in both theoretical and practical skills. Passing the examination will grant you an Illinois Beauty Culture License. You will be qualified to perform a number of services that include being a stylist, color technician, makeup artist, or perm specialist. The possibilities are endless. Getting out into the workforce and applying for jobs after graduation can seem intimidating. Our experts at Ms. Roberts Academy, a beauty school in Chicago, created a list of tips to help you every step of the way!
- First Impressions: When you first meet a client at your salon, it’s important to introduce yourself. Shake hands with your client and treat them as an equal.
- Consultations: Do not hide behind your mirror or chair. Pull up a chair next to your client, get down on their level, and make it a personal experience. Ask them about what they do and don’t like for their hair. If they have a particular style in mind.
- Tool Selection: The same tools will not work for every client. Make sure that you have the appropriate tools readily available for each appointment.
- Posture: Remember to make sure that the elbow you use to cut hair never relaxes. If you get too relaxed, your comb will turn down. Keeping your elbow up will help to keep the line consistent.
- Shampooing: Shampooing is not beneath you. Shampooing is a really intimate part of going to a salon. Clients are typically willing to pay more money for extra attention. It also is a great opportunity to get a sense of the condition of your client’s hair.
Have more questions? Call your local beauty school in Chicago at (708) 649-9088.← Back to Blog